Sunday, October 2, 2011

Perspectives

I've been thinking the last few days about perspectives, and how valuable they are for insights.  With the gift of time, we can gain perspectives on our successes and failures.  We can for example, learn what things not to repeat, if they have failed us in the past.  Or so the accepted thoughts go.


But I've reached a different place.  Perspectives are just historical notes of time. What didn't work in the past, didn't work because it wasn't the right time or right set of circumstances to succeed.  It doesn't meant that because something failed in the past means it will in the future.


Why the focus on perspectives?  Well, since my Landmark Forum course, I have been putting everything to a different test, including my perspectives, my understanding of what happened in the past.  I now realize that each day has a clean slate, and I can draw a flower, a tree that will grow roots, or a bridge that takes me to the future I envision.  And when I'm crossing that bridge to a certainly successful future, I can look back and thank my life for the perspectives, for the ability to compare my new successes to my old failures, and understanding that because I choose to set new goals each day, I am in control of my life and my future...........and my happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment