Thursday, October 13, 2011

Imagination

"Your imagination is your preview of life's coming attractions"


You might be surprised to know the source of this quote; I was.  I stumbled on this quote by Einstein today, and it made me realize that I need to be more in touch with my imagination.  It's been crowded out a lot in the last year, and little by little, it's gaining strength, and it will emerge with a force that won't be reckoned with by anyone.  


So I thought to myself - what does imagination mean to me?  Well it means:

  • Dreaming, dreaming big - of stories, of paintings, of jewelry designs, of sewing projects, of knitted creations that will never end, of stories, of books, of stories...............
  • Stories......many waiting to get out of my brain, to make the leap from my soul to the printed word, so that they can be shared with the world.
  • Figment.   Figment was a special dragon stuffed animal that Brad got at Epcot one year, and was a constant companion in our lives for a year or two.   A little purple (my favorite color) dragon who always reminded us that imagination cannot be harnessed, that it is energy waiting to be used  in a new creation, new idea..........
  • Ideas, so many rolling around and waiting to be corralled, only to be reformed into new creations.
  • My future.  It means I can define my future, that I'm never too old to reinvent myself, never too old to learn and never too old to have fun
  • Fun.........see where that led me?  

Dreaming - Stories - Figment - Ideas - My Future - FUN!

Stay tuned, great things are coming in my life's coming attractions!

No comments:

Post a Comment