Monday, October 17, 2011

Monkeys and Mondays

I haven't posted in a few days, but that doesn't mean I haven't been creating.  I came up with the next concept for Makenna's book and need to get busy on both her book and Rylan's.  


Rylan's books are way behind, as I've already written two books for Makenna and none for Rylan.  So my watercolors will be coming with me on vacation this weekend, and hope to get some quiet time to get the books started, and hopefully completed by Christmas.


Makenna's new book will focus on sprinkles, a favorite of both her mommy and her.  And will tie in the fictional character of Pokey Patty, who resides right now in concept between Sweet Pea and me.  Once Patty is created on paper, though, that will change.  So I am contemplating how she can become a favorite of Makenna's, and perhaps even have her own series of books.  


I spent last Friday night getting monkeys off my back.  I did my 2010 taxes, which was hanging over my head because I opted to file an extension in April.  Instead of waiting until the last possible minute (they are due today), I decided to tackle what I had left to do and get it done, to free my weekend.  Since I was already up late, I also decided to tackle my corporate expense system, which always knots me up.  Having rid myself of two areas of procrastination, I went to bed thinking that I had the whole weekend to have fun.


Saturday was fun, running errands and having a sleepover with Sweet Pea.  We also measured an Annie costume, so I could alter it down to her size.  What fun.  Getting out the sewing machine, and working on both her costume and Rylan's made me realize all over again how much I enjoy sewing.  Loved it!


Yesterday we went to cheer on Kelly as she did a 10k race in the very wet rain. She didn't let slippery streets or rain in her eyes get in the way of her training goals, and completed it in 1 hour, 3 minutes (woo hoo!!!).  She is an inspiration to everyone and especially me.  I finished both of the costumes (yeah! long before the midnight hour right before Halloween), and later Phil and I took the little ones for a ride to the lake, where Makenna proceeded to reel in her first fish.  Such fun times!


So reflecting today what my plans are for work and other things, I realized that because I tackled my monkeys on Friday, I had a great weekend, took time for me, enjoyed my family and time with Phil, and didn't work much.  And that makes for a happier Monday.  Yeah!  Bring it on, this week will be great (ending with a departure on Friday for vacation).


Stay tuned, great things happening all around me!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Bye bye monkeys and hello to a new week with a great vacation journey ahead of you. Thanks for the fun weekend, and for standing out in the cold rain for me! xo

    ReplyDelete