Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sunshine and Happiness

Today the sun is shining, and I feel happy.  


There seems to be a direct relationship between sunny days (happy) and overcast days (slow and tired), and why the weather has such a profound effect on us.  For instance, in a rainstorm, the best place to be is curled up with a book on the couch or in bed, with the covers pulled high (which then usually leads to an unplanned nap).  I'm not going to over-think this one, as many before me (and ones much more scientific than me) have figured it out, and there is a basis for it.  But I am choosing to be happy today and thank the sun for adding to that.  


We have a blessing in this glorious October weather; I am getting better at my commitments to myself, spending a bit more time with family and friends, which makes me infinitely more happy.  Yesterday I was blessed with two visits with my precious grandchildren, Makenna Claire and Rylan.  They lift my heart with hugs, silliness and love.  They make me feel wonderful when they ask, "please stay longer, Nana".  After a wonderful dinner by Kelly last night, Kelly and I got to put a paint brush to frames last night, a joint mini craft project.  Connecting with crafts, especially shared with Kelly, is something that also makes me more happy.


I am taking a course on fitness and vitality, and choose life, and to live life as best I can.  Each day is a gift, as anyone who has been touched by Steve Jobs and his indelible mark on our culture would agree.  


Life can't be taken for granted.  So enjoy it.  Be.happy.now.  Life is good, the sun is shining.  Love someone, tell someone how much you love them.  Enjoy the little things.  BE.HAPPY.NOW.  Now smile........don't you feel happier now?


Stay tuned, great things happening all around me.

1 comment:

  1. Yea...just getting all caught up and following now! Love this!! xo

    ReplyDelete